03 Mar From the Headteacher…
Friday 3rd March 2017
No 337, Friday 3rd March 2017
Dear Parents and Carers,
What a fantastic Book Week we have had. The children looked wonderful in their costumes yesterday and so did the staff. Thank you for all your support with this. The children have experienced visiting authors and a storyteller. We hope it has inspired them to read and write even more than they already do. It’s great to hear and see children inspired by different books.
We have been working on golden school agreements with the children and have written some for everyone to follow. We operate a positive approach to behaviour.
The golden rules are-
- We are always kind and respect others
- We are always considerate and helpful
- We look after all property and equipment
- We are always honest and tell the truth
- We always talk quietly and walk inside school
- We always use manners and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’
- We listen to adults and to each other
- We have kind hands and feet at all times
- We tell an adult if somebody upsets or hurts us, or are not following the golden rules
- We always try our best
We encourage the children to follow these at all times.
I hope you managed to see our piece on Mindfulness at schools on the BBC news this week. If you missed the showing you can see it under the Year 2 section of our website. The children did really well and I think it has really demonstrated the importance of taking care of ourselves as part of everyday life.
We are collecting the Sainsbury’s Active Kid vouchers, please post in the black post box in the reception foyer.
Comic relief is on Friday 17th March. We are asking that the children wear something red to school that day. They can wear their own clothes that day too. We ask for a voluntary contribution of £1 to Comic relief as part of the day. Thank you for supporting us with this.
Have a great weekend.